- Sophie &Friends
Wrap up the holidays with a crazy relay race that's guaranteed to get the creative juices flowing and the laughter rolling! Players race to see who can create the most beautifully-wrapped team member in 15 minuts or less. It's a great way to use up that left over holiday wrapping paper, and makes for outrageous photo ops for the family scrapbook!
1. You can set your space up one of two ways: either by creating a "community wrap center" where all the wrapping materials are laid out for all the players to use, or by putting similar items (rolls of paper, tape, ribbon, etc.) in bags for each team.
2. Divide your group into teams. Hand out bags (if you are playing that way).
3. Have each team choose a player to be their present.
4. Set a timer for 15 minutes (or however long you choose).
1. On "Go!" each team begins wrapping their "present." Each team has exactly 15 minutes to completely wrap (with the exception of the nose, mouth, and eyes) their present. There are no extra points for finishing first; this is all about complete coverage and the prettiness of the packaging.
2. At the end of the 15 minutes have impartial judges choose the best-wrapped package.
3. When the packages have been judged, unwrap your presents with glee.
1. Use birthday wrap instead of holiday wrap.
2. Create a fabulous outfit for your player instead of wrapping them. Have a fashion show!
1. Remind players to be extra-careful with the scissors.
2. Have player sort and recycle all the supplies as part of the game. Give them 5 minutes to do so. The first team to finish cleaning up their area can win a little prize.