1. Start by measuring your door frame. Most standard door frames are 80” high by 36” wide. Cut a piece of cardboard that is 4 feet long by the width of your doorframe. Measure down and across to find the middle of your piece of cardboard and mark the spot.
2. In the center that you marked, draw a triangle with a rounded point. The triangle should be approximately 2” wide by 2 1/2 inches tall.
3. Draw a fabulous face around that nose; fill the cardboard up with a hat, hair, etc.
4. Carefully cut out the triangle nose with an X-acto knife or similar tool. This part requires an adult.
5. Remove cardboard piece, leaving a hole.
6. Paint your face!
7. Measure your piece of fabric (or any other opaque material) to the width of your cardboard. The length should be equal to the distance from the bottom of the cardboard to the ground. For a standard door, this would be approximately 34”.
8. Glue the fabric to the bottom of the witch portrait (on the back side).
9. Make two holes in the top portion of your witch portrait, about 2 inches down from the top, and 6 inches in from the sides.
10. Tie ribbon or string through the holes to make your hangers.
11. Hang your artwork from the top of the doorjam, and get ready to play.
How to Play:
1. Gather your group and have them sit where everyone can see the witchy artwork.
2. Choose three players from the group. Have them stand up, say their names, and then go behind the witch portrait.
3. While behind the portrait, have one of the players place their nose in the hole.
4. Have the other players, on the other side, try and guess whose nose is sticking through the hole.
5. Once the answer is guessed correctly, three new players can be chosen to go back, and the other players join the group out front.
1. You can make the beast any creature you want, as long as it has a nose!
2. Have each player draw their own monster face on a sheet of cardstock. Cut out the nose with scissors. Have each player place their nose through their hole and hold the paper in front of their face and line up shoulder to shoulder. See how many noses one player can guess correctly.
3. If you don't have a doorway that will work, string up a clothesline between two trees or posts.
1. Make sure that the player who have gone behind the witch stays hidden. It will give it away if the two extra players can be seen!