This is a Thanksgiving variation of the traditional game of tag! In this version, a flock of turkeys are trying desperately not to get caught in the hunter's net. Turkey Trot is the perfect game for the holiday season.
1. One child is chosen to be the Hunter, the rest are turkeys.
2. The Hunter is given 3 hula hoops (his "Turkey Traps").
3. The Hunter will close their eyes and count to 20 while all the turkeys run and hide.
4. Once the Hunter has reached 20, he/she will start looking for the turkeys.
How to Play:
1. Once the Hunter finds a turkey, he/she will try to catch them in his net by placing the hula hoop over the turkey's head.
2. A turkey that has been caught must freeze!
3. Once frozen in place, the turkey can begin to "gobble" for help.
4. If four fellow turkeys sneak out of their hiding spot and AS A TEAM lift the hula hoop over the trapped turkey, then the turkey is free.
5. Once the Hunter captures 3 turkeys a new Hunter is selected.