1. Pair up all the racers and have them stand shoulder to shoulder.
2. Tie the inner two legs of each pair together at the ankle.
3. Mark the starting line and the goal line.
4. Have all the pairs line up behind the starting line.
How to Play:
1. On "Go" the pairs race as quickly as possible to the goal line and back to the start line.
3. The Pair or team that finishes first wins the race!
1. To make the race a bit more challenging, set up a simple obstacle course..add cones, hula-hoops, and pool noodles for pairs to navigate around.
2. You can play this in teams where you have multiple pairs forming one team competing against other teams of pairs in relay race style. This is great for large groups in a small space.
1. Give the pairs a few minutes to practice walking, jumping, and running with their partner.
2. Partners need to work as a team, so encourage communication between partners.
3. Partners need to move at the same time and at the same speed. Adult may have to aid younger children in understanding the nature of walking with another person.