- Sophie &Friends
Gather 'round for this audio-enhanced story time! We'll show you how to incorporate a melody of strange and silly sounds while telling a favorite story.
1. Pick a favorite Christmas or holiday story with a lot of repetition. We'll use "Frosty the Snowman" for our example.
2. Divide the group into sections and give each section a sound such as laughing, crying, neighing, singing, etc.
3. Now give each section a word from the story/song to connect with their sound. For example, one group will laugh for the word "snow," one will hoot for the word "hat."
1. Go ahead and read the story!
2. Anytime that their word is heard in the song, that particular section must make their sound.
3. If you are the leader/reader, it helps to have the words underlined in your book or reading page, so the sounds don't get missed.