1. Pick a favorite Christmas or holiday story with a lot of repetition. We'll use "Frosty the Snowman" for our example.
2. Divide the group into sections and give each section a sound such as laughing, crying, neighing, singing, etc.
3. Now give each section a word from the story/song to connect with their sound. For example, one group will laugh for the word "snow," one will hoot for the word "hat."
How to Play:
1. Go ahead and read the story!
2. Anytime that their word is heard in the song, that particular section must make their sound.
3. If you are the leader/reader, it helps to have the words underlined in your book or reading page, so the sounds don't get missed.
Indefinite (as long as you want!)
Easy peasy (fun and simple)
Clean and tidy
Number of Players:
5 to 10
10 to 20
As many as you can handle!
No prep time needed!
Small (a clearable open space the size of a 1-car garage)