- Sophie &Friends
This game can last an entire day. Used at a party or classroom to gain attention, kids are assigned a new nickname and every time you yell "Roll Call" they have to say their name as quickly as possible. Those that are last to do so, have to perform a funny trick. The kids love being kept on their toes!
1. Each participant needs to come up with a new name. This can be a combination of each person's favorite food and color, for example "Pizzagreen." Or, it can be something silly, like a recipe ingredient or something learning-related, truly anything you want.
2. This nickname will be their name throughout the game of "Roll Call."
1. At any point in the day the leader will yell "Roll Call!"
2. Instantly everyone needs to stand up, shout out their name (and additional response should you opt to have one), and sit back down.
3. The last person to do so has to do something funny for the group, like jump up and down like a monkey while rubbing their tummy. Or, you can also have this person complete a task/chore: pick up all the trash off the floor, or answer a question (if in a classroom).
4. The children then return to whatever they were doing until the next "Roll Call!" is shouted.
1. If you are having a baking party, name each participant one of the ingredients of the recipe. When the ingredient is called, that person will jump up, hoot and yell, turn around and then sit down.