- Sophie &Friends
Sword play but without any danger? Plus you get to eat your sword! Using pretzel sticks as swords, let the jousting begin!
1. Give each child a long pretzel as their sword.
2. Pair the children off.
1. On "Go," they face off to see who can last the longest in a pretzel rod duel.
2. The one whose pretzel breaks last is declared the victor for that round.
3. This can also be done in elimination rounds. The winner of each pair will play the winner of another pair.
4. Luckily, everyone’s a winner because they get to eat their pretzel!
1. If using elimination rounds, you can provide each winner with a new pretzel to begin their next round, or you can have them stick with their same pretzel.
2. For themed parties, you can use the pretzel duel to as play-fighting amongst themed characters. For example, if you have a pirate party, each person can be a pirate fighting to defend their ship. Or, for a horsey party, players can duel while riding hobby horses.
3. Finally, make the game more challenging by playing on the "plank" - a balance beam "plank" is set up about 9" off the ground.