- Sophie &Friends
Hair dryers aren't just for styling your hair any more. The force of their air is enough to make ping-pong balls magically fly and bounce around like popcorn. Add a toilet paper tube to the mix and watch what happens!
Turn your blow dryer on and set it to “cool."
1. Place a ping-pong ball above the airflow of the blow dryer.
2. Let go of the ball while keeping the blow dryer steady and… you have a magically levitating ping-pong ball.
3. Move the blow dryer from side to side and see what happens!
If you would like to experiment further, try a T.P. tube.
1. First, put the T.P. tube above the blow dryer.
2. Then add the ping-pong ball below it as well.
3. Next thing you know, the ping-pong ball will be sucked up into the TP tube. You can also use a funnel!
Also, if you have a electronic blower, try using that instead of the blow dryer. Check out what all that extra power can keep in the air!