- Sophie &Friends
If you're looking for a game that's easy to play, easy to put together, quiet, and can help pass time...the Memory game is perfect! Guaranteed to keep kids guessing, it's a great time filler or brain teaser. It is also perfect for kids of all ages.
1. Find a hard, sturdy surface. Generally a table or serving tray works best.
2. Place all your different household items on the sturdy surface. Remember these should be small little things like a ball, spoon, spool of ribbon. Nothing huge.
3. Cover the items by draping a towel, sheet, or cloth over them. Make sure the draping cloth is easily removable as you don't want it to move anything around when you take i off.
4. Once your display area is ready, ask the children to sit or stand in front of the table so they can all clearly see what's on the tray.
1. Explain to the children that underneath the cloth are a series of items. You want them to do their very best to memorize each item.
2. Remove the cloth and let the children stare at the items for about 1-2 minutes.
3. Now, replace the cloth on top of the items covering them up.
4. Let the children know that you are going to remove one of the items, but don't tell them which one.
5. Carefully, put your hand under the cloth, take away one of the items, and slide your hand out and under the table so the children can't see what you took.
6. Now remove the cloth again.
7. Let the children guess what item has gone missing.
8. The child that guesses the missing item can either take over your role, earn a prize, or the game starts again.
9. Make sure to replace the item back on the tray before the next round.