- Sophie &Friends
This game usually produces more blushing, giggles, and shouts of "no way!" than it does actual winners and losers. However it still offers up tons of enjoyment for the viewers. Two players face off to see who can be the first to munch their way to a marshmallow strung in the middle of a string. Great for a teen gathering where you've got a few brave and daring members.
1. Cut string to 3 feet long
2. Thread embroidery needle with string (or make a needle out of your pipe cleaner by folding up one end like the letter "j" and securing with a twist, thread like a needle, then flatten the "eye" so it locks in the string)
3. Push the needle and thread through the marshmallow and pull so that the marshmallow ends up in the middle of the string.
4. Create one "marshmallow string" per participating couple.
5. Ask for volunteer couples.
1. Ask your couples to face each other.
2. Have each member of the couple place one end of the string in their mouth. The players may use one hand to secure the string in their mouth, however, the hand is only there to help hold the string in place so it doesn't fall to the floor.
3. On "Go!" each player chews on the string, trying to bring as much of the string into their mouth as quickly as they can.
4. The player that can reach the marshmallow first is declared the winner!
1. Tie a clothesline across the playing space at about eye level or higher. Instead of placing the marshmallows in the center of the string, string three marshmallows in a row near the bottom. Tie a series of "marshmallow strings" to the line. Have players kneel and try to eat the marshmallow off the string without using their hands. Should the marshmallows fall off the string, the player is out. All three marshmallows must be eaten and swallowed. The first player to do so is the winner!
1. If you are dealing with tweens or young teens, you will need a pair of "ringers" to really get this going. The ringers need to be kids who don't mind acting silly for the sake of a good laugh. Everyone has fun watching this game, and once you get a really good pair going, others will most likely give it a try.
2. Make sure that everyone knows not to swallow the string, or, if you're playing the clothesline variation, that they are to carefully chew and swallow the marshmallows completely.