- Sophie &Friends
This game gives kids the opportunity to become a chow hound (or any other 4 legged creature). Bowls of cereal serve as kibble for kids to nibble. This silly game can be played as a relay race or as an individual contest. Either way, the results will be a howling good time.
1. Prepare the kibble ahead of time. Take 1/8 cup cereal (Captain Crunch, Cheerios, Coco Puffs, Coco Pebbles, Puffed Rice, Rice Crispies, etc.) and pour it into a bowl. You can stack bowls up on top of each other for easy retrieval.
2. Divide kids into teams and line the players up one behind the other. You can also play every man for himself - in this case line the kids up shoulder to shoulder.
3. Place the 1 Kibble bowl for each team (or 1 for each player if all playing at once) about 15 feet away from the starting line.
4. Have all players get on their hands and knees like a four- legged pet. (puppies, kitties, and bunnies work best)
1. On "Go" the first person from each team crawls to the food bowl. (If you are playing each man for himself, then everyone goes at the same time.)
2. Once they arrive, their job is to eat all of the cereal in the bowl without using their hands.
3. Players should act as much like a puppy, kitty, or bunny as possible.
4. Once their "Kibble" bowl is empty, the player crawl on all fours back to the starting line.
5. For team play, once the player has reached the end of their line, the next player may go, in individual play, whomever crosses the line first, wins.
6. Team play continues until everyone has chowed on their kibble.
1. A really "sweet" variation of this game is the "Jell-o slurping contest." Here, a small plastic cup of jello is emptied on a plate and covered with whipped cream. Players must slurp up the jello without using their hands to win the contest.
2. In another variation, place one small piece of opened candy - chocolate Kiss, Starburst, gum, etc. on a plate and cover it with whipped cream. Without using their hands, players have to eat through the whipped cream to find the hidden candy treasure. Once found, they eat the entire candy. If the surprise candy is bubble gum, then the players must blow a bubble! First person to finish eating the hidden candy or blow a bubble wins!
1. To ensure that everyone stays healthy be sure that each child has their own kibble bowl.
2. Tell children to eat slowly and swallow completely - no choking.