- Sophie &Friends
Get ready to "burst" out laughing as players race to pop their balloons! Kids bounce up and down on a chair with the balloon underneath them until it pops. This game can be played with air filled balloons or get extra silly - and wet - and try water balloons.
1. Divide the group into equally numbered teams. (An extra person can always be a referee)
2. Place a chair about 15-20 feet away from where each teams is lined up - one chair per team.
3. Next to each team, have 5" air-filled balloons or water balloons. At least one balloon per team member. (You can also have each team member hold their own balloon, if they are only completing the relay once).
1. When the game leader shouts "go," the first person of each team grabs a balloon and runs or hops with the balloon between their knees to the chair.
2. Once they reach the chair, they have to use their bottoms to pop the balloon! Hands must stay away! This is the best part because often the balloon flies all over the place, forcing the team members to get up and down numerous times.
3. Once the team member has successfully popped the balloon, they run back to their team and tag the next person in line.
4. The first team to have successfully popped all their balloons wins!
1. Place a clue inside the balloons.
-The clue can be a picture of an animal and when the balloon is popped, the player has to make a noise like that animal.
-The clue might also be a question and the person has to shout the answer.
2. Place a TREAT inside the balloons.
-During Halloween, blow up white balloons with candy inside.
-Pretend the players are popping pupae. Butterfly items will appear once the pupae is popped and the gifts can be taken home.
3. Play the exact same way with water balloons. You'll definitely get wet, but it's great on a warm day!