1. Ask all the children to sit in a circle.
2. One child will be selected to be "it".
3. "It" stands on the outside of the circle.
4. The bucket of water and sponge should also be placed outside of the circle as not be accidentally knocked over.
How to Play:
1. The game begins as "it" walks around the circle, behind each child, with sponge in hand.
2. As "it" passes the children, he/she taps them on head and says "dry."
3. After saying and tapping "dry, dry, dry" a number of times, "it" will come to a child of choice and say "wet!" while simultaneously squeezing the sponge on that child's head.
4. The standing child can choose whomever it wants to be "wet!"
5. The child that is now VERY "wet" must run up immediately and chase after the standing child.
6. The standing child will try his/her best to run to the vacant space in the circle (from the wet child), without being tagged.
7. If the standing child gets to the space in the circle without being tagged, he/she becomes part of the circle group, and the chasing child is now "it". The game repeats.
8. If the standing child IS TAGGED, he/she must sit in the middle of the circle which is the "Mush Pot." Once this child sits down, the entire circle yells "MUSH, MUSH, MUSH" throwing hands toward the center.
9. This child must stay in the mush pot until another child is tagged.
10. This game can go on and on until the children are ready for something new.
1. Sometimes the Mush Pot can get a little mean, you can always play without it if your children prefer!
2. Instead of a sponge, a cup of water can be used.
3. Or you can always play the traditional version without the sponge.
5 - 15 minutes
Either/or (can be played either way)
Easy peasy (fun and simple)
Number of Players:
5 to 10
10 to 20
5 minutes or less
Medium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage)