1. Hide the gold coins (either candy or plastic), or gelt, around the playing area. The age of your players will determine how much of the coin you leave visible for discovery and also dictate the height at which you hide the coins. Little ones will need to see the entire coin; you can get sneakier with older players.
How to Play:
1. Once hidden, have everyone search for the coins.
2. Once they have found their coins, they can play Driedel with their findings.
1. Before playing the game, you can make either Paper Bag Baskets or Milk Jug Treat Buckets so that children can fill them with their coins!
2. Always have extra coins on hand for those children that aren't experienced hunters.
3. If you are fearful of older kids gathering more coins than others, you can set a limit on how many coins each player can find. If you do this, the players who find their limit quickly can then help others find theirs.