1. Decide if you will be playing as individuals or as teams, and break up into teams as necessary.
2. Make sure each person (or each team) has their towel.
3. Appoint a judge, timer, and scorekeeper -- if you don't have enough people for all three duties, you can give one person multiple responsibilities.
4. Make sure that you have a large, clear indoor space that is not carpeted. You'll need a floor that is slick, like wood, linoleum, or tile.
5. Line up players and establish a starting line and a finish line.
6. Have the player sit down squarely on the towel with their knees bent and their bottoms close to the back end of the towel. Have the player grasp the front end of the towel with their hands so it covers their feet (sort of like a toboggan).
How to Play:
1. On "Go!" the player needs to scootch across the floor by moving his/her feet towards his/her bottom and then away from their bottom in a push/pull movement.
2. Whoever crosses the finish line first, or in the best time, wins!
1. If you prefer, you can simply time folks and keep a record of how long it takes each person to complete each task.
Indefinite (as long as you want!)
Competitive (has winners and losers)
Easy peasy (fun and simple)
Clean and tidy
Number of Players:
3 to 4
5 to 10
No prep time needed!
Medium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage)