1. Give each player a working flashlight.
2. Select one person to be "it."
3. Make sure to clear the playing area of any obstacles.
4. Set a hula hoop in the middle of the playing area. Have "it" stand in the middle and close their eyes.
5. Turn off the lights in the playing area.
How to Play:
1. As "it" begins to count to 30, everyone hides.
2. When "it" reaches 30, they open their eyes and look for players by shining their flashlight around the playing space. "It" can not move from the hula hoop.
3. Should "it" catch someone in their flashlight beam - they call out that person's name and that person now helps to find other players. Caught players must stay in their spots, like "it".
4. The game continues until everyone is found. The last person found is the new "it"
1. Add the option of players sneaking up to tag "it" to the mix. Players who have not been spotted can silently begin sneaking up on "it". If they can tag "it" without being caught in a flashlight beam, they become the new "it".
2. Give "it" the option of calling out - "heads up everyone". When players hear that they must pop their heads out of their hiding place for 5 seconds. Give "it" a limited number of "heads ups".
3. Give "it" the option to actually move their location. Give them a limited number of moves. As with the original position though, once there, they can not move.
1. Make sure your playing area, inside or out, is safe of tripping hazards or any sharp objects that might snag a player.
2. Advise players to be careful as they move around in the dark.
3. Side coach for those that are hidden extremely well. Coax them into taking a few chances.