- Sophie &Friends
Hanging out at the pool provides many opportunities to play fun games. "Fishing for Balloons" offers lots of surprises, as players "fish" for their balloon then pop it to reveal a treat. As always, take caution when poolside and when using balloons with smaller children.
1. Make prize balloons - at least one for each player. (Check out our blog, http://www.sophieworld.us/content/pop-goes-prize, for the directions.)
2. Blow up balloons and throw into the pool area.
1. Using the nets or pool noodles the players try and "catch" a balloon.
2. Once caught, players can open their balloons by jumping or sitting on them. Whatever is inside is theirs to keep.
1. If you do not have a pool net, or noodles, you may want to have kids jump into the pool to swim and retrieve their balloons. Make sure you do this safely, with only one child at a time jumping into the pool.
2. For a fun treasure hunt idea - place a clue along with the prize in one of the balloons.
3. Place puzzle pieces in the balloons and have players assemble the puzzle.
1. Make sure there is plenty of adult supervision around the pool.
2. Make sure all players can swim, or are wearing flotation devices.
3. Standard pool safety should always be followed...no running, no pushing.
4. Never allow very small children to play with balloons unsupervised. Children should never bite balloons.
5. Balloons have a tendency to all blow to one corner over time - so it's best to toss the balloons in right before you are about to play.