1. Ask all the participants to spread out in the dance space. They don't need to be super far apart, but should have enough room around them so they really get down without hurting those nearby!
2. Select one person to be the "judge." This person can also carry around a feather, or another ticklish device to try and make the game a bit more interesting.
3. The "judge" can also be responsible for turning the music on and off. If not, somebody needs to be in charge of that as well. Usually this is an adult.
How to Play:
1. Start playing some rocking music!
2. Everyone begins dancing in the style of their choice. You can set a specific type of dance if you like, otherwise it's free dance time.
3. The person in charge of music suddenly stops the music.
4. When the music stops, all the participants must FREEZE! They have to remain SUPER DUPER still, like a statue. Anybody that falls down, moves a step, finger, or even makes a facial expression is OUT!
5. A "Judge" will determine who has stayed frozen and who has not. The judge may want to influence the outcome by tickling a few the statues with a feather. It is a ton of fun!
6. The music start again, and the game continues until there is one person left!
7. The last statue is declared the winner and becomes the new Judge.
The frequency of starting and stopping the music should vary. Let it play for a little bit once, then stop it almost immediately the next time. Generally, music shouldn't play for much more than 2 minutes before being stopped.
5 - 15 minutes
Either/or (can be played either way)
Easy peasy (fun and simple)
Clean and tidy
Number of Players:
5 to 10
10 to 20
No prep time needed!
Medium (a clearable open space the size of a 2-car garage)