- Sophie &Friends
Are you my...? is one of those versatile games that will keep kids laughing! Players use funny voices to help "it" find them in the crowd. The game can be played indoors or outdoors with a variation that is sure to fit any theme. A great ice breaker or getting to know you game.
1. Place all the children in a circle.
2. Select one child to be "it", blindfold them, and place them in the center of the circle. This child can be whatever animal or creature that is applicable to your themed party. For example: a pet owner searching for it's kitten.
3. A player is chosen from the circle to be the kitten. When prompted this player will respond with a "mew mew" sound. The other children are welcome to respond with other animal sounds as long as it is not "mew, mew".
1. "It" points to a child in the circle and says - "are you my kitten?"
2. If the child being spoken to is NOT the kitten, they respond with some other animal noise.
3. If the child being spoken to IS the kitten, they respond with the "mew, mew" sound.
4. "It" then makes their way to the kitten (by crawling or slowly walking) and pats them on the head, saying "there you are". If they crawl to the wrong person, that person should reply with a different sound.
5. If they crawl to the right person everyone cheers, and the blindfold is removed.
1. Pirate looking for Parrot. (sound - squawk, squawk)
2. Construction worker looking for his truck. (sound - vroom, vroom)
3. Fairy looking for butterfly. (sound - a giggle, or flap flap)
4. Fish looking for minnow. (sound - glub glub)
1. Safety first - make sure your blindfolded person takes their time when walking to the sound makers.
2. Keep all paths in the circle clear.