- Sophie &Friends
Children race back and forth shoeing their imaginary horses in this competitive, Western-themed relay race. The requires only a few household items and is a great game for your next hoedown or for any kid who love horses!
1. If playing competitively, divide the group into equal teams. If not, line them up one in front of the next.
2. Place a chair and four cups about 20 feet away in front of each line of players.
1. On “go,” the first child runs to the chair. The “Horse Patrol” can use their voice to guide them.
2 When the player arrives at the horse, he/she must place one horseshoe (cup) on each horse hoof (chair leg), and then sit on the horse (chair).
3. The player runs back to the line and tags the next player.
4. That player runs to the horse and removes the horse shoes from the horse legs and stacks them back on the chair for the upcoming player.
5. Game repeats until the first team finishes!
You can also play this game with a blindfold. The first player of each team is blindfolded and must carefully find the horse and place the horse shoes on the hooves of the horse. This person can then remove their blindfold, run back to their group, and tie the blindfold on the next person.