- Sophie &Friends
Spread a little love this upcoming Valentine's Day with our Conversation Heart Bingo. Players create their own boards by placing their favorite conversation hearts on a standard bingo board. The real fun begins as the caller calls out the different phrases printed on the hearts! It really doesn't matter who wins, because there is enough sweetness to go around for everyone!
1. Hand out conversation hearts and boards to everyone. If you wish you can give everyone a small bag as well.
2. Have your players place a different heart in each space on the board. Players can repeat phrases if they like.
3. Designate a caller; set them up in a place where they can be seen and heard. Give them a bowl or box of conversation hearts.
1. The caller selects one conversation heart from the bowl and reads out what it says.
2. Players that have that phrase may remove that heart (just one) from their board. They may, at that time, eat their heart, or, if you have provided bags, place their hearts in their bag.
3. Continue calling out heart phrases until someone gets 5 blank spaces in a row.
4. To play another round, simply have everyone replace the missing hearts on their board with new hearts, and play again.
1. If you really want to sweeten things up, give the players 5 foil-wrapped chocolate hearts to place over the letters on the bingo board header. Let them eat a heart if they win a round. Everyone, of course, gets to keep their candy... so no one is ever a loser in this game!
2. Don't let anyone eat their hearts until a winner has been declared for the round. Have them save their hearts. Those that claim they have won must then compare their hearts to the hearts called by the caller (caller will line them up as they are called).
1. You may want to let your players eat a few hearts before the game starts to keep them from going bonkers!
2. If your players are young and can't read yet, play for color instead of sayings.
1. Helps with letter recognition and reading.